When discussing franchising it’s common to hear the names McDonalds, Subway, Domino’s Pizza – those real fast food, quick service food concepts.
However, what a lot of people don’t realise is that there are over 900 different franchises in the UK and nearly 4000 franchises in the US – and they come in all shapes and sizes! From the home-based business through to the fully fledged full-service restaurant, there are not many industries these days that franchising hasn’t touched.
To give you an idea of the breadth and scale of the franchise marketplace, we have listed the most common franchise industries below.
Click on each franchise industry to find out more about that sector and the type of opportunities available:
- Accounting and Tax franchises*
- Automotive franchises
- Business coaching, consulting and brokerage franchises*
- Coffee franchises
- Cleaning (Commercial) franchises
- Cleaning (Domestic) franchises
- Computer and IT franchises
- Education franchises*
- Fast food franchises
- Fitness related franchises (non-gym)*
- Gym franchises
- Health and Beauty and franchises
- Home improvement franchises
- Internet based franchises*
- Nursery and childcare franchises
- Pet franchises*
- Printing and signage franchises*
- Property based franchises*
- Retail franchises
- Senior care franchises*
- Staffing and recruitment franchises*
- Training franchises*
The above list is not exclusive – there are new franchise concepts arriving all the time. They do however give you a good sense that franchising is more than just food.